Books:The Crossover, Booked, Everything, Everything, and many more

Dear blog, spring break was over two weeks ago and I was able to do one of my favorite hobbies. I was able to read!!! I didn't have to worry about planning because I had all week, so while my children napped I read and it felt good. I read some really good books. I read them on my phone using the Nook app. I like to read books and sometimes I like to read what my students read, that way we have something to talk about. It helps me form relationships with my students. Also, I love to see them read and if I can encourage them to read more, I will do it.

I read The Crossover by Kwame Alexander. I was a little skeptical about this book. It was an easy and fast read. It's about two brothers who play basketball and deal with other issues in their lives. Also, it touches on subjects that are hard for young children to grasp, but this book did a great job at not being too graphic. This book is also written in the form of a poem which was one of the reasons I didn't think I would like it. After I finished reading The Crossover, I downloaded Booked by Kwame Alexander this one follows The Crossover. Both are written in the same style and follow similar concepts. The main character plays soccer instead of basketball. Great books, I can see why these books don't stay on the shelves for very long. I highly recommend them.

Another book I read during the break was Everything, Everything. This is a great love story, I loved this book. I couldn't put the book down. It had me hooked to the very end. Its about a girl named Maddy and she has never left her house because they believed that if she did go outside she could die. All she had left in the world was her mom; her dad and brother were killed in a car accident. It wasn't until one day a boy Olly moved in her neighborhood that she started to fall in love. With him, she risked going outside for first time ever. As I finished the book, I can't believe what the mom did!!! I recommend you read it and let me know what you think. Its a great book, great story, and easy to read.

The following book I read is a little more depressing and heart breaking. This one is based on real life events, this always makes it a little harder to read. The book is Prisoner B-3087, Yanek a Jewish boy from Poland had to endured 10 different concentration camps!! Each had their own torture and a way to survive. Its a very inspirational story of how he found a reason to survive. I can't believe how people could be so cruel for the mere reason of other people being different. It blows my mind!!  Another great book and I highly recommend it.

Ok, I won't bore you anymore with books for right now. Here is the last book; Who was Julia Child: it was a very informative book. I have heard of Julia Child from a movie I watched a while back on Netflix with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep. I enjoyed learning about Julia Child, I had no idea that a replica of her kitchen is found at the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. I really hope I can go visit the museum one day. I want to see the replica of Julia's kitchen. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? I haven't, I hope I get to, but I guess for now the virtual tour will have to do.

I hope you enjoyed this post and if you read any of these books, please let me know.
Have a blessed day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish List for Valentines

Back to School

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey