Disney Aladdin Movie 2019


 Dear blog,
This weekend we went to see Disney’s Aladdin live action movie. I was really skeptical about going to watch this movie. I kept asking myself, "Will it be good? Will it be as good as the animated version? How is Will Smith going to top the original genie?" Robin Williams was legendary; he brought the Genie to life! Even with all my doubts and the mixed reviews online, I still went and let me tell you, I don’t regret it!


The movie was 2 hours long and yes I took my children to watch the movie. For the most part they did really well. As long as they had popcorn and skittles they are content. My youngest got a little antsy, but that was because it was nap time. Certain parts of the movie scared my youngest. She was very worried about Aladdin in the Cave of Wonders. Another scene I found a bit scary is the ending when Jafar becomes powerful then turns his bird turned into a giant killer bird. I’ve read reviews discussing Aladdin stealing and the kind of message that might send to children. But I see it as a way to teach my children that stealing is bad and why it is bad. Now, we do need to discuss Jafar. I found him to be much scarier in the animated version. The live action one wasn’t as intimidating, well that was up until the end of the movie when he turns into a genie, then he got scary. My husband said it was his voice; I'm not sure what it was, but no matter what bad thing he did, I was never really scared.


Genie: I feel like the Genie was the largest concern for everyone going into the film. I was hesitant to go see the film because of how scared I was of how the Genie would come out. But let me tell you, Will Smith is the Genie! He didn't try to recreate Robin Williams' Genie. He made the Genie his own and it worked so well. I found him to be funny and his singing was on point. He made those songs come to life, by putting in his own spin on them! I also, liked his representation as the Genie in blue and as a human. I enjoyed watching him play the Genie role, I’m pleased with their choice now that I have had a chance to watch the movie.


I loved all of Jasmines outfits! The designs and colors were brilliant and stunning. In this interpretation of the movie Jasmine has a hand maid. She brought a very relatable aspect to the film. I loved the song A Whole New World. It definitely met my expectations; it was a very magical scene! I was smiling through that entire scene, not just because I liked it, but because my daughter was singing the song, it was beautiful. However, it went from beautiful to funny quickly as my daughter's version quickly turned into daddy shark, but it was cute while it lasted lol.


Overall I was pleased with the movie. I felt like they did an excellent job with a major piece of all our childhoods. I highly recommend you go see it this weekend. We all make our own assumptions and we all have different tastes, so this is my review and my thoughts. I will be purchasing the movie once it hits DVD. I do hope they release the animated version with it. Now I’m ready to go back to Disney World and ride the Magic Carpet ride lol. I hope you go watch it and enjoy it as much as we did.




Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center