Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

Dear blog,
It’s July and that means it’s my birthday and anniversary month! If you have been reading my blogs for a while you will know I’m a huge Disney fan and I’m always looking for a reason to visit. We recently embarked on an adventure. We recently moved to Florida and it has been a crazy month from trying to get adjusted to a new place to finding a job. So this mini surprised vacation couldn’t have comes at a better time. It marked our one month from the move so it was special.

I’ve mentioned in the past that we are Disney Vacation Club members, so this trip was made possible because we had some points saved which really makes a difference because an average night stay at this resort is $534 for just a studio room. This was such a treat, I absolutely loved the Polynesian Resort. We have actually visited the resort before to have breakfast at the Ohana restaurant (which was delicious) but we didn't stay at the resort. When I say mini I mean it, we left Sunday night after my husband left work and came back Monday afternoon not even 24 hours later. We arrived at the resort around 12:30, it was quiet. They were actually cleaning the resort. Check in didn’t take too long, we brought our own Magic bands so we didn’t get the ones the resort offered. When you stay at a Disney Resort they will give you new magic bands if you don't have your own. After check in, the cast member handed us our lei.




Since we are DVC members we didn’t stay in the main building, our room was in another building just for DVC members. There is a parking lot closer to the building we stayed in, but we chose to leave our car in the main parking lot near the main entrance. The room we stayed in had a lake view and over looked the bungalows which was beautiful to wake up to in the morning. Also, off in the distance you could see Cinderella’s castle, space mountain, and the Contemporary resort. PS next time I would like to stay in a bungalow 😍. In the room we had two bathrooms one had a sink and a shower, the other one had a sink, toilet, and a bathtub. There was one closet and a small kitchen area with a sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There was a tv and a pull out bed underneath the tv. It looked like a dresser, but it was a single bed. There was a table with two chairs and a couch that was also a bed. My favorite feature of the room was the balcony because the kids and I just loved sitting outside, taking in the beautiful view. There were at least two curtains for the balcony door. I was confused at first because I didn’t see any plug ins, but there are actually usb ports in the nightstands.

After a restful night, I went outside the balcony while everyone was sleeping and took in the beautiful sights. After a while I started waking everyone because I didn't want to waste the day, I wanted to explore. Once everyone was up, we got ready to go for a walk. Our original plan was to go to the pool around 10 because that’s when we figured the pools will open, we were wrong. I tried finding out the times for the pools online but couldn’t find it. So here’s the break down. There are two pools; the Oasis pool which is the closest to the DVC members building and the Lava pool. The Oasis pool is open 7 a.m -11 p.m. Lava pool is open 9a.m-11p.m. We tried the Lava pool because it’s not very deep for the children and it has a splash pad for them as well. But we did walk through the Oasis pool and we mainly saw adults. So if you have children I recommend the Lava pool. In the middle of the Lava pool there’s a volcano with a slide which opened around 9:30. Now if you have small children who are scared of the dark I do not recommend they go down the slide. You are not allowed to go down the slide with them, but the splash pad has small slides for them. We were in the pool for about an hour and a half. We wanted to stay longer but we had to shower before our checkout at 11😔. On our way back to the room we walked around the beach area with a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Grand Floridian. It was really hard leaving this resort, my children were not happy we had to leave. They were begging to stay longer.

After our shower we were ready for some food, so we packed our bags and said good bye to our room. We have eaten at Ohana as I mentioned before, and its best to have a reservation for that one, so we decided to try a different place. I do recommend Ohana though, the food was delicious and it’s a character meal.

I will talk about where we ate lunch in the next post about our mini vacation. One of the things we wanted to try on this trip was the monorail. My son loves trains so we figured he would enjoy the monorail, which he did. To catch the monorail at Disney’s Polynesian resort you have to go to the second floor of the main lobby. Once you get to the second floor and walk out to the boarding station there will be security guards there to check your bags. They do this because the monorail can take you to Magic Kingdom so they need to check the bags. I didn’t know that until I got there. Also, we were filming a video and they asked us to put the camera away. But I think that was mainly because of the device my husband was using to capture the video. Which is fine, I totally understand: I greatly appreciate Disney's efforts to keep my family and I safe.

We enjoyed our stay at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. If you ever get the chance to stay there, take it. We hope to go back again and next time stay in one of the bungalows ☺️.

Until next time! Have a blessed day :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center