Practical Items with a Newborn

Dear blog, 

Since this is not our first child, we decided to keep things practical. Plus, we thought we were done with babies so we needed a lot of the basics. But let me tell you, things have changed drastically since the last time I had a child: the PRICES, the QUALITY, the STYLES. I was overwhelmed with shopping for the various things we needed; and I love shopping. We also live in a much smaller place, there is no room for the dedicated baby area. We only have two rooms and two older kids to fill one of those, so the baby's crib has to be in our room. Without realizing it, I put a mini crib on our registry (I NEVER thought it was a full size crib). I chose that particular crib because it came with an attached changing table and drawers. So in my mind, it was great because it brought the different features that work in our favor. Fast forward to when we put the crib together; I cried because it was so small. The drawers are tiny so they don't hold much. The mattress I got from the shower did not fit the crib because it was for a full sized crib. Well, I got over the "SMALL" issue because it actually works better our small bedroom. But, now I was facing the problem that I didn't have the correct mattress and sheets for the crib. Thankfully I was able to find what I needed on Amazon. (Don't we all?)

The crib is the Dream On Me Jayden 4 in 1 Full Panel Mini Convertible Crib. It is currently unavailable but here is a similar one. I really love the Boho Style Mini Crib sheets. The color and the feel of the sheets are perfect. Since her crib is in our room I wanted to get colors that were neutral and not overwhelming. I'm really happy with the purchase and I would definitely get more colors like these. I got dusty rose and beige.


Another item that I love and we use every night is the Baby Sleep Sack this one brings one with flowers and another with hearts print. This does a great job at keeping her warm and cozy through the night. I want to get the Milk Snob Disney Princess Baby Sack soon. I say soon because it is a little more expensive. 


With my other two children, we had a diaper genie; we really liked it. The down side to it was how expensive the bags are. This time I decided to try this trash can because you can use regular trash bags that you already have at home. I highly recommend the Ubbi Steel Odor locking diaper pail if you are looking for a different option to the diaper genie. 


This is the Amazon Basics 3-tier Rolling Utility cart. I actually had it in my classroom, but I thought I could really use it at home. I use it to store diapers, wipes, cream, burp clothes and clothes near the crib but with the ability to be tucked away when not needed. I actually keep the diapers and wipes in the Lily Miles Baby Diaper Caddy on top of the cart since it doesn't fit on the changing table. It has so many different compartments to store different items that you will use on a daily basis. 



These two items were more of a splurge and yes there are cheaper options but the Disney fanatic in me had to have it. I got the Petunia diaper bag, Beauty and the Beast theme, on Amazon, but now I can't find the exact one I have. They have similar ones with different characters. I have the diaper bag with the matching insulated pod where I store the milk when I travel. Here is the similar one the Method Backpack Diaper Bay in Disney's Little Mermaid. All of the patterns are absolutely beautiful and it comes with lots of room for storage and a changing pad. Thankfully this time around I have been producing my own milk so this cooler bag has been very helpful when it comes to going out and needing to keep the milk cool. The Disney Princess Ace Backpack Bundle brings the diaper bag, the insulated pod, and a stroller hook to hold the diaper bag. There are so many more items I want to try from this company. But for now, I'm loving these and highly recommend them. 




 




                   I hope you found this helpful and if you use any of these products let me know. 

                                                                        God Bless

                                                                           Besitos

Amazon sponsor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wish List for Valentines

Back to School

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey