Mary Poppins in Broadway

Dear blog, what a way to start the New Year. My family and I went to see Mary Poppins at Broadway in Miami, the performance was held in the Adrienne Arsht Center. It is going to be here from Januay 1-6. If you are a Mary Poppins fan, this is a show for you. I had an amazing time. I went in thinking it was going to be like the movie, so I was dissapointed, but when I figured out that it's based on the books not the movie, it got better. Before tonight I had no idea that there were Mary Poppins books, now I want to read them. The show does include songs from the movie, so it was nice to sing along with the actors. All of the performs did a magnificant job. I was at the very topof the theatre. literally, but it was still a nice view, but if I wanted a closer look I would just look through my binoculars and I felt like I was in the front row. It is a two act performance with a 15 minute intermission, it lasted for about 3 hours. Like I said earlier, I was very happy that I got see it, it was a great experience to go and see a Broadway show, especailly the one of the movie I like. It will be worth your time, so if your in the Miami area, take a break and enjoy the show. It's not only for little children I saw a variety of age groups at the show. I felt such a thrill seeing Mary Poppins going up into the sky, it's one thing seeing something like that in the movies and another thing seeing it live, I loved seeing it live.They used some great props for the different locations. I loved the way they did the scene of the Chim Chemeney, it was just like the movie, it was great.

My outfit: The shirt is from Sears it was on sale for $13. My skirt is also from Sears, but from several years ago, and so are my shoes.


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center