Where have I been?

Dear blog, where have I been? It was  a crazy end to 2013 and a crazy beginning to 2014. Last semester was very time consuming, I didn't have time for a social life. I spent my time completing assignments and working. I did experience several breakdowns through out the semester where I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue in this career, but I kept moving forward no matter how hard the semester got. I have to thank my husband and my parents for helping me get through the semester and for all their prayers. I finished the semester with all A's which was such a relief because I was freaking out. Last semester I also, took the Praxis Content Knowledge and thank God I passed that as well; just one more test and the rest of this semester and I'm on my way to getting my teaching license. Here comes the most shocking and unexpected news that I found out in November. I am PREGNANT!! I'm not going to lie, at first I was really scared and could not believe that I was pregnant. I kept thinking, "This is not the plan, I need to graduate and start my career,"  but I have learned that my plans are not God's plan. It took some time to get used to the idea that I'm going to be a mom, it didn't hit home until I had my first ultra sound and saw my little baby. That day changed my life, I love my baby so much and I can't wait to meet my wonderful baby. The funniest thing of all was that my parents came to visit one week before I found out I was pregnant, they were saying how its not the time for me to have a baby, and I totally agreed. A week after they left, I took the pregnancy test and it was positive. A month before I decide to take the test I was experiencing discomfort; I thought I was just suffering from a stomach bug. Thanksgiving was just two weeks later and I was excited for the food. But guess what, I wasn't able to keep any food down, almost every thing I ate, I ended up kneeling down in front of my toilet vomiting. I haven't enjoyed this part of pregnancy, it didn't stop until my 16th week. I couldn't even drink water or gatorade because that would make it worse. I didn't stop going to school just because I am pregnant (I'm so close to being done). This semester, I will be student teaching at a local elementary school. By the end of each day I'm exhausted and in so much pain; so when I get home all I want to do is lay down and sleep. Since I've been pregnant, by 7pm I'm falling asleep, but my bed time isn't until 9pm. I have to wake up early and I need time to relax after I eat breakfast because I end up vomiting if I don't. My bladder? Oh my goodness! I lose count of how many times I wake up at night to pee, it's crazy. I don't sleep very comfortably; I was told to sleep on my left side because its safer for the baby. I want to do the best I can for my baby. I've had to change foods I eat because foods I liked before being pregnant, I can hardly stand the sight of now. Before I got pregnant, my goal was to lose weight and be healthy, I was doing really good (working out every day), now I'm not entirely sure what workouts are good for me. I tend to get dizzy easily and I don't want to risk the baby's health, but I do want to start working out. I really want to work on my arms and I think the best workout is the Blogilates Bikini Blaster 7. I love this workout, and recently Cassey uploaded a new video that caught my attention. It doesn't look to hard and best of all, its working an area I want to tone up, thigh trimmer & butt lifter. In this workout, she uses a band, but I think you can do it without the band at first. Oh also, we have been in the process of moving to a new place. The house is not even close to being ready, it takes me some time to have the energy to do things around the house. This week we have had 3 snow days, so I have gotten a lot of work around the house done, but its far from done.

Recently one of my favorite young actress came out with a book. That actress is Candace Cameron Bure, she played DJ in the show Full House. I really like her because she is Christian and we share the same beliefs. The book is Balancing It All, you can buy it at Barnes & Noble. I can't wait to get my hands on that book, I really want to read it. I'm interested in what she has to say. She has another  book out that I'm interested in reading also, Reshaping It All

I have a complaint, lol, I don't have cable and Pretty Little Liars came back and I was so excited because I used to watch them on Hulu or ABC Family for free; now they are asking for my cable provider. If I had a cable provider I wouldn't have the need to watch the show online! Its so  upsetting, now I'm behind on what is happening. 

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the post and I will try to keep you posted on the rest of my pregnancy. I'm so excited, we find out the sex of the baby at the end of this month. On that note, my husband and I are debating on if we should use cloth diapers; at least for when we are home. But we are not sure on which brand to use and on how much they will cost. Ideas? I've looked into Honest diapers, but just one diaper is $13.95, that's insane. 

XOXO
Dale!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center