Books for May

Dear blog, for the Month of May I have not had any classes, for me it's good and bad. I like having the break, but at the same time I don't. Anyway I decided to do some reading this month; since while I'm taking classes it's a bit more complicated to read for leisure.

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: This book took me about a week to finish. It took me a while to get in to it, it wasn't until page 100 that I didn't want to put the book down. I really did enjoy this book, it had it's funny parts, but also very sad. I highly recommend this book.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls: They say this book is a memoir. This poor girl certainly lived a tough life. Her parents did not want to work so they had their families moving around, living in dangerous places. It must have taken a lot of courage to leave their parents to live in New York City.

Wild by Cheryl Strayed: This was a good book to read, it was an easy read. I read it in three days. This was a very sad story; Cheryl's relationship with her mom and her mom's death were extremely sad. The things she went through during her time on the trail, I don't think I could have done it. I do recommend this book, I enjoyed it. I tried watching the movie, but I did not succeed and that sucks because I really like Reese Witherspoon. I prefer the book,  I imagined it better than how it was portrayed in the movie. Also, it's a story that is told best through the book than through a film. What did you think? Did you watch it?

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck: (Spoiler Alert) This is a really short book so it was an easy read. Some of the words were not as easy to read. I did not expect the ending. I really though George would have stayed with Lennie. Very unexpected! Lennie had problems, he had a difficult time understanding others. He and George would travel together to find jobs, but Lennie always found a way to "mess" things up. They had plans to get enough money to buy land, and have animals and plants. Once again Lennie messed up and he ran away to the place where he and George had agreed to meet up in case something were to happen. Well Lennie went to the designated place and that is where he was killed by his friend. I can't say I would recommend this for everyone, but it is a classic; we should all read the classics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey