Beauty Organization Ideas

Dear blog, I recently was inspired by an idea over at the company MakeSpace and wanted to show you guys how I organize my beauty products. MakeSpace is a new service that comes to your place, picks up your stuff, and stores it. Through the use of their app, you can tell them to bring you whatever you need out of storage. Right now they are only in a few states, but they are updating their website with new locations often; they will soon be nationwide. If you are wanting to know if they are near you, click here. Their website is easy to navigate, you will have no problem finding what you need. 

Their app is free, and can be found on the Apple App Store. The company offers:
  •  free moving help for 1 hour
  • free packing bins, save boxes and tape
  • online photo inventory of what's in storage
  • free Goodwill donation pickups

Wow! I love everything that they do to help someone move stuff to storage. 



Here they help you decide what you need to do with your items.




I love my house to be organized and clutter free. We moved at the end of last year to a house in much better condition than our old house, but it doesn't have much room.  I've had to become creative in ways to keep my make up stored, along with my other beauty items!

To be honest I have my things in different rooms of my house; since we recently had a second child, my room has become the nursery. Anyway, I use my vanity for when I'm getting ready for special occasions or to go to church. Here I keep my high end makeup, for example, my Chanel foundation, Naked basic palette, Benefit blush, and Kylie's lipstick. My white vanity, my husband bought it for me several years ago at Target. It has always been my dream to have a vanity and he made that dream come true. On top of my vanity I keep a decorative cup originally meant for toothbrushes, but I decided it was too cute and decided to use it for my brushes. I bought it at Hobby Lobby. My vanity has one drawer, divided into three compartments. 


In my first compartment I keep my face products; foundation, blush, bronzer, and lipsticks.


In the second drawer I keep all of my eye related products; mascara, eye shadows, eyeliners, and palettes. 


I keep miscellaneious items. in the third compartment. I have wallets I'm not currently using. I have a small box where I keep our Disney pins from last year and pendants that were made for me for my son's baby shower. I use the box to maximize my space and to know where everything is. 

Now let's move to my accessories. I love accessories I try to have them in every single color. I have two jewelry boxes that are filled to the max.


In this box I keep all of my necklaces and earrings. 

In this one I keep my most worn pieces! I have my Tiffany's necklace and Tous child pendant necklace. All of my Alex and Ani bangles and Juicy Couture necklaces and bracelets. Again these are items that I wear all the time. 


The plastic drawers are from Walmart. In the top drawer I keep all of my bracelets. I have my bracelets separated into colors and placed in Ziploc bags. It's the best way for me to keep them organized in the one place. For example, if I want to use pink accessories all I have to do is find the bag with my pink accessories and I find what I'm looking for. It's very easy to find what I'm looking for; it takes a while to set up, but worth it. 



For Mother's' Day my husband bought me the Prada Candy perfume and I could not get rid of the box, it's too cute. In the box I keep some items that are not necessarily accessories, but just need to be put away.


On the second drawer I keep my belts and tights.


The last drawer keeps all of my hair accessories.


Now we move to the bathroom and I have a drawer in there designated for my everyday makeup. When I'm getting ready for work I don't have the luxury to sit down at my vanity to get ready. My everyday makeup takes me less than 5 minutes. It's the reality of life, I try to be ready before my son wakes and once we are adding a three month old baby to the mix, I will have less time to get ready. 

Again I don't have much storage room and I have to make the best of the room I have. I bought these plastic bowls for my son's first birthday and I didn't throw them away so I can put my everyday make up in the blue bowl. 

In this white tub I have some face products. 

As you can see I've had to be creative in the ways I stored my beauty products and accessories. But if my husband would let me, I would be storing so much more in our tiny house. But, thats a different post all together. 


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing! My dresser and vanity are always a mess. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary! Of course I will follow you:)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where have I been?

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center

Our Last Days in Barcelona by Chanel Cleeton