Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Dear blog, I finally got the opportunity to read the book Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and ooh my goodness it was so good!!! SPOILERS ahead, be warned! I read it in a day. We went on a trip that was several hours away from home, so I was able to read while we were in the car. I actually read the book on my Nook app. I don't usually like to read books on my phone because I like the feeling of having the actual book, but every time I've visited my local library it has been checked out. Anyway, I couldn't put the book down, I knew that this was my only chance to read it and I'm so glad I did. I liked that I was able to read it in bed and not disturb my husband while he was sleeping. This is definitely a great advantage in reading a book on my phone.  It was a very sad book, it has the romance, and it's drama of course. I feel like Will Traynor (the main guy, he is confined to a wheel chair after an accident) could have made it work with Louisa Clark (the main girl his care taker). They had nothing in common, but as they got to know each other and she tried to change his mind about killing himself. She planned activities that she thought he would enjoy and would see a point in staying alive, but he gave up too fast. I was so irritated as I was getting to the end of the book I was really hopping that he had changed his mind, it would have been nice to see how the romance between Will and Louisa could have evolved. I didn't like that he went through with dying. It would have been way better if he hadn't. Anyway I'm really looking forward to watching the movie. I prefer to read the book first before I watch the film because the movies are usually not as good. So I'm hopping that the movie is good. We have tried renting it from Redbox, but the card reader on the nearest machine to me is not working. I'm not a happy camper.

If you have watched the movie let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts.





Have a blessed day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey