Anniversary Weekend

Dear blog, this past week my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. It fell on a weekday so there was not much we could do. He had worked all day and I was at a workshop all day. All we wanted to do that night was spend time with the kiddos at home and that is exactly what we did. Now for the past several months I've been dropping hints that I wanted to watch Disney's The Little Mermaid Broadway tour and it just happened to fall on the weekend after our anniversary. If you have read any of my posts before, you will know I'm a Disney lover so I didn't want to pass up this opportunity. I was lucky enough that my husband got my hints and he got us tickets to go see it. The show was actually at The Orpheum Theater in Memphis, TN. Before we headed to the show we actually ate at Charles Vergos' Rendezvous. The restaurant is actually in a basement off an alley in downtown Memphis. I'm not big on ribs or BBQ, but I can eat their ribs anytime. They are delicious!! If you are ever in Memphis, TN you have to eat at the Rendezvous and once you are finished you can walk it off by visiting the Peabody Hotel hotel across the street; its beautiful, luxury hotel with a beautiful view of the city, and ducks! We haven't stayed there yet, but we hope to some day. For right now we take advantage of touring the hotel and going to the very top to see the ducks. You can see the Peabody at the nd of he alley in the picture below.






The theater was beautiful. They are currently remodeling certain parts, but I still thought it was beautiful. I felt like I was entering a theater of the past. We didn't have the best seats in the house, but all that mattered to me was seeing the show. I enjoyed the show, but the story wasn't exactly like Disney's story. I still enjoyed it. I love seeing cartoons come alive. We did take our children, it wasn't an easy task. You can't sit a child for that long, but I'm glad we exposed them to that experience. Don't be ashamed if you have to walk outside with your child, that does not bother me in the least. I was lucky enough, my husband took our youngest out and I stayed inside watching the show with my oldest. So take your child to theaters, expose them to the wonderful experiences and don't be ashamed of what others will think. Your child will thank you later for you giving them the experiences.










  I enjoyed going to the theater. I'm actually hoping we can go back to watch The Phantom of the Opera. I loved the movie, I know it would be even better in a theater.

On July 31 is Harry Potter's birthday and I found out that Gigi's Cupcakes made Harry Potter inspired cupcakes so I had my husband stop on the way to Memphis. We used the cupcakes as our anniversary cake lol. We ate it at the restaurant and they were delicious. I guess you can say we celebrated our anniversary and Harry's birthday on the same day:).






 I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you enjoy going to the theater.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey