2 States in 2 Days!!

Dear blog, this past weekend was out of the ordinary for us. We don't tend to be spontaneous, at least not with big stuff. Well this weekend was a spontaneous one and man I'm so happy we were. On Saturday we drove to Memphis, TN. I wrote a blog about what we did while we were there, if you are interested. But on Sunday after we had gone to church and eaten our lunch, I got this urge to just go somewhere. Originally I wanted to go to Nashville, TN. I still do, but I felt it would be a long drive. So we ended up driving to Branson, MO. This has been a place I've wanted to visit for the last 8 years and we finally made it happen. We packed up in less than an hour, which is really something when you have kids. Let me tell you trying to pack for two children and yourself is very chaotic. I was bound to forget something. I dragged my parents with us, they weren't thrilled about the short notice. I think they ended up enjoying themselves.

We stayed at the Grand Country Waterpark Resort. Some of my friends have stayed here and they really enjoyed it. They liked the fact that there is a water park in the resort. The water park really caught my attention. My son enjoys water and slides, so I thought it was perfect and what better way to enjoy Labor Day. After Labor Day the water parks begin to close. This was our last chance to enjoy the water. We got there at 9:00 p.m, which gave us the opportunity to enjoy the indoor water park for an hour before it closed. My son had a blast! He wasn't thrilled with the giant bucket of water dumping on everything, but he did enjoy the water slides. After we got done with the water we wanted some food. We ate at Papa Grand's Pizza, we paid $7.99 and it includes all you can eat pizza, salad, and pasta!! So worth it!!



The next morning we wanted to visit the Titanic Museum. Titanic is one of my favorite movies and I've been wanting to go to the museum. The entrance was $30 per person. Before you go in you are given a card with the name of someone who was on board the Titanic. It was interesting seeing all of the little details. My favorite part was the staircase! So beautiful! We had a stroller for baby girl and we couldn't go up the stairs with it. My husband was so sweet he took the elevator so I could go up the staircase, such a gentleman. It was a bit of a disappointment that we couldn't take pictures inside. We drove a bit around town. The other museum I wanted to visit was Hollywood Wax Museum, this being a spontaneous trip we didn't plan our budget for it. Maybe next time :). I'm looking forward to taking a picture with Jimmy Fallon and Genie lol.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey