Aladdin Musical!

Dear blog,
I've heard about the Aladdin Musical through friends who have visited New York City and they came back talking about how awesome it was. I was intrigued, so I started to look into the show in New York City. To my surprise, they had announced a national tour. I immediately looked for the tour dates and cities: I found the closest to us in St. Louis, MO (about three hours away). We had to wait a couple of months for the tickets to go on sale, but when the date came, I texted my husband and he was able to get them. We couldn't afford seats near the stage which is fine. We still got to enjoy the show (for the most part lol). We (my husband) spent a lot of time taking our son to the restroom. He lets me stay to enjoy the show, he is very sweet. He did the same for me when we saw The Little Mermaid musical when our daughter wouldn't stop crying. He took her to the lobby for nearly the entire show. Luckily this time the kids were far more interested in the show. The show was scheduled for November 10th. We left early that morning and drove home the next day. The Fabulous Fox Theater is beautiful! The show was in November and they had Christmas trees up, which added to the ambiance of the theater. It made me love it even more! It felt cozy and it put me in the holiday spirit.

My favorite character was the Genie he was very charismatic. I felt like he did a great job embodying the original Genie. Whenever he was on stage I was laughing like crazy. My favorite scene was the magic carpet ride, it was so neat! I also loved all of Jasmine's costumes, they were beautiful. For the most part the scenes were very cheerful and colorful.
A couple of weeks prior to the show I went to JC Penny looking for a Jasmine costume for my daughter to wear. I was happy to find one still in stock so I grabbed it lol. Yes, I'm that parent that dressed her child in costumes to meet characters or to see a show.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency, St. Louis At The Arch. I loved the view of the Arch. Visiting the arch has been on my bucket list ever since moving to Arkansas. It technically still is because we didn't get to go up to the top, we needed to get back home so my husband could go to work :(. We did get to visit the Gateway Arch National Park museum, It was pretty neat to learn about the history of it. The hotel was very nice as well, my children love staying at hotels. We are so blessed that they adapt so easily. They walk in to hotels like they own the place, lol, that makes it easy since we like to travel.

I have two small children and I like to expose them to a variety of experiences, theater being one of them. I know they are still young and can't sit still for very long, so sometimes it's really difficult trying to keep them entertained. They get restless and bored. We like to buy some snacks for them to eat; that tends to keep them occupied for a while, the same with having something to drink. I've also taken small toys for them.

I'm very excited, because in a couple of months, May 24, 2019 to be precise, Disney's Aladdin live action movie will release. It will be a great way to start our summer break. I found these adorable shirts at the Disney Store for my children to wear. They were having a buy one get one 50% off sale. This is the Aladdin Pop Art t-shirt for boys and Jasmine Cold Shoulder t-shirt for girls. Are you going to watch it? I'm really looking forward to Will Smith's portrayal of the iconic Genie. And of course to see all the different dresses Jasmine might wear!




I pray you have a blessed day:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey