Classroom Cork Board DYI

Dear blog, lately I've been trying to figure out how I want to decorate my classroom this year. I've had so many ideas flying around in my head and I have been having a difficult time deciding what I want. Thank God, I have finally figured out what I want my classroom to look like. I have mentioned in many blogs that I'm a huge Disney fan, so, it was fitting for me to be inspired by Disney. To be specific, my inspiration came from The Little Mermaid! My colors are going to be purple and green. I recently bought an inspiration board from Hobby Lobby: I plan to use as a place to post important information for the students. The usage of it may change through out the year.  If you want to know more on how I decorated the board mermaid style keep reading. All of my products were purchased at Hobby Lobby, but they can be found at any craft store like Michael's.

The products needed for this project are :
Cork Board


I used purple and green spray paint from Hobby Lobby. The brand is Krylon Short Cuts and this small container was enough for the project. I even had some paint left over. 


I used two packs of sea shells. The amount of sea shells you will need depends on the size of your board. I didn't use both bags, I had some left over. 


I laid out the sea shells on a piece of paper, anything can work, just keep the paint from getting on the floor.


Here they are after I painted them. I used a glue gun to glue the shells around the board. I left them out to dry for about 10 minutes, it really didn't take long for the shells to dry in the heat.

Viola, here is the finished product. I absolutely love the way it turned out, now I need to find some cute pins to use :). I hope you enjoyed this post and if you decide to try it out let me know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Organization Ideas

It's All About the Boots!

Fall Flirty Essentials