Disney Store Saturday Adventure!

Dear blog, with school back in session I don't get to spend much time with my children. I get home close to 4:00 p.m and they usually go to bed around 7:00 p.m. So that gives me around 3 hours with my own children. I've been finding it very difficult that I don't get as much time with them. I feel like I need to be at home with them, teaching them. I try to do as much as I can with them on the weekends. I like going on adventures with them. This weekend we had to go to Memphis TN, to return an item to Toys R Us so we took advantage of the trip and went shopping at the Disney Store at Wolfchase Galleria. I mainly wanted to check if they were having any events today which they were. This whole weekend is going to be focused on Star Wars. I actually wanted to come to their summer events, I just never got around to making the trip. We can't just make the drive to Memphis anytime we want, its quite a drive from our house. I didn't know the stores hosted events until this summer, so if you didn't know now you do. To know what events your store is hosting you will need to call your nearest store and ask what events they are hosting that week. Also, if you go to the Disney Store website and scroll all the way down to where it says "Be part of the magic at a store near you!" you are going to click on find store & events in your area. Then a map will show up, all you have to do is scroll down and you will find the events.

Anyway, we did a bit of shopping and walked around the mall trying to kill time. Our event didn't start until 3:00 p.m. During our wait time my son and I rode the carousel in the mall by the movie theater. As we were walking to the carousel I saw Laura Lee from walkinginmemphisinhighheels. At first I didn't think it was her, so I checked Instagram to make sure. To my surprise it was her. I wanted to say hi, but I didn't want to interrupt her family time. But it was so cool to see a blogger outside of Instagram, very neat.

Today's event was The Art of Drawing. We drew R2-D2 from Star Wars. I would actually like to attend the other events as well. There are Disney Store Opening Ceremony (I'm not sure how they choose the child), Story Time, Showtime, and Magical Memories Parade.





He didn't want to leave! I hope to be part of a different event. I would love to do the opening the doors! My son would love that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

The Bodyguard by Katherine Center