Christopher Robin: Family Friendly Adventure of Laughs (Movie Review)












Dear Blog,
My wonderful husband surprised us with a family outing to the movie theater this evening. School is right around the corner and we wanted to get some valuable family tim in before the rush of fall hits. So, he took my advice and bought tickets to the new Disney film, Christopher Robin. Before I discuss the movie itself I want to describe a major issue we face everyday. This is the danger of showing movies and tv shows to our children. My husband and I love watching movies and shows, but so many of them are filled with unnecessary indoctrination. Every show has to have homosexuals, lesbians, abortions, drugs, or a general hatred for basic American values. Yes, I know these are all things that exist in our world, but why does my four year old need to be told he isn't the gender he was born as? You have your beliefs and I have mine, but why does all forms of entertainment have to push your beliefs on my child? Well, even when Disney seems the biggest champion of all these social issues of the progressive left, but every once in a while they surprise me. Frozen was a major step forward, as was Maleficent; both films showed Disney does have people who actually understand what families want and need to see. Christopher Robin didn't even feel like a typical Disney film, it felt like a live action Pixar film. Winnie the Pooh is such a wholesome character and I'm so glad Disney did the character justice in this film. First let me begin with the voices, Jim Cummings was an amazing Pooh voice, but that wasn't hard to do since he has been the voice of Pooh since the original voice passed away. The next great voice was Eeyore, Brad Garrett (from Everybody Loves Ramon and Finding Nemo fame), he was the perfect little donkey. Most of the other characters were good too. Rabbit, Owl, and the others. But one voice wasn't very good. Piglet just didn't sound right. Nick Mohammed isn't Piglet and really damaged the story. This was the only character I couldn't connect with. Next was the live actors. Ewan McGregor is one of my favorite actors, mainly because of how cool he was as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars. He was very good, really made me connect with him as a parent who works so much to provide for a family that I can never spend enough time with. The real star of this film was the family friendly humor. My kids loved it. My daughter couldn't stop pointing to the giant talking teddy bear. My recommendation is to take your children to see this film. IT doesn't matter what your personal beliefs are, you can trust this film won't attack them. It will simply remind us all that work is only tool to better our families, not a priority over our families.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey