Disney Trip Day 2: Typhoon Lagoon

Dear blog,
The second day of our trip was designated for Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. This was our first time visiting Disney's water park and we were not disappointed. The park opened at 10 and we were there around 9:30 to purchase our tickets. Tickets are $65, but we were able to get a discount for being Disney Vacation Club Members.


These cuties ready for the water park :)!






We loved the water park, I was a little skeptical because I didn't know what to expect. No one from our group had ever visited Typhoon Lagoon. When you first walk in there is a spot for you to take a family picture, it has a really cute set up. I highly recommend you take a picture there, it makes for a good memory. 

Since we got there rather early we ran straight to find chairs to use for our stay. We found a spot near a small side pool, near the restrooms (location is important lol, especially when you have little kids and they need diaper change). At first I was freaking out because I forgot to buy floats for my children so I wasn't sure how it was going to work. But Disney is so awesome, they think about everything; they actually have life vests available for the children. So I recommend you try getting there early so you can get chairs and life vests. I would also recommend renting a locker for your valuables, the lockers were $10 for a standard and $15 for a large per day.  We also,decided to use towels from the park: now this tricky if you don't stay at a Disney Resort because you have to pay $2 per towels which is not bad. If you do stay at a resort they are free. Guys the more I travel to Disney World the more I recognize the importance of staying on property. I know that it can be expensive, but it pays for itself. You get so many perks for staying on property, just keep that in mind when you are planning your Disney World vacation. Something else that was beneficial was buying a cup from the park, it's $18 for the cup but you can refill it as many times as you want!!!! This was so helpful because we went in the middle of July and it was hot. It was important to keep our children hydrated. A little disclaimer, we were not able to refill the cup anywhere else, it was only good at Typhoon Lagoon. That was the downfall I found with buying the cup at the park. But I think if you buy one from the resort you can refill that one everywhere.

We got chairs by a smaller side pool, that is where we spent most of our time. The first ride was actually a water slide on that pool called Crush 'N' Gusher. You ride a small raft down the slide with a partner or alone, I actually did it with my mom. There were three slides to pick from Pineapple Plunger, Coconut Crusher, and Banana Blaster; we chose Banana because it didn't look as tall lol. But, we were wrong, it was pretty high and scary, but it goes by fast. We then went to the lazy river which is called Castaway Creek, this was a very relaxing ride. We actually went around the entire river! Then we took the children to a toddler area and they stayed with my parents while my husband and I did the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool. This was fun, but scary. The anticipation of not knowing when the wave was going to come was torture. I was scared of having my children do it because they are not good swimmers, but there were some children there, you just have to keep a good eye on them. The last ride we actually rode was Miss Adventure Falls and we did it twice. This was fun and our children actually did it with us. All of the rides we rode were fun, so I highly recommend them. 
My big boy playing in the sand.

We had a wonderful time at the park, we hope we get to visit Blizzard Beach sometime soon. If you have questions about Disney just let me know :).
Have a blessed day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to School

Wish List for Valentines

Week 6 Weight Loss Journey